How We Invest
Sagemount backs market-leading companies across a range of high-growth sectors.
Industry & company focusWe focus on industries with strong secular tailwinds and companies with recurring or re-occurring revenue streams.
The Sagemount differenceWe work in concert with entrepreneurs to increase the velocity of value creation.
We tailor our approach to your company’s unique opportunities. We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all playbook.
A focus on growth
We focus on driving accelerated growth, not disruptive downsizing.
Speed to market
We look to exploit Growth Factors right out of the gate.
A partnership approach
We work in tandem with your management team. We work highly collaboratively, ensuring we have alignment on strategic initiatives, not pushing playbooks that don’t fit your business.
We approach investing with flexibility, agnostic to a company’s capital structure. We are equally comfortable in the role of the majority or minority partner and investing in equity or debt securities.
Capital for growth: Add sales & marketing resources, fuel customer acquisition, expand partnership channels, or accelerate R&D
Capital for M&A: Sponsor game-changing acquisitions or industry consolidation
Buyouts: Traditional change-of-control buyouts, divestitures, and take-privates
Recapitalizations: Provide full or partial liquidity for financial, strategic, or management shareholders
Typical investment metrics
- Investment size: $15-100 million for credit transactions; $40-400 million for equity transactions
- Structures: Common or preferred equity; senior or subordinated debt
- Role: Control or non-control; typically lead investor
Typical company metrics
- Revenue size: $15+ million
- Company growth: >10%, achievable organically or inorganically
- Revenue model: Recurring or re-occurring (subscription, transactional, etc.)
- Profitability: Corporate or unit-level profitability
Contact the professionals at Sagemount today to learn more about how we invest.